BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Closer than it seems

Dear Wonderful Future Husband,

Oh goodness...where to begin? I cant wait to meet you! I have been praying for you since I was 4 years old when I got my first Ken doll to go with my Barbie. They were so happy together in their little plastic house with a convertible pink car and painted smiles, and I couldn't wait to have that too (except with real smiles and a real house)(Yes, the pink car could stay). I continue to pray for you every day and I know God is preparing your heart for me and my heart for you with every passing hour. I have thought, during this crazy life of mine, that I found "the one"...thankfully God's plan is MUCH better than my plan! haha ;) You are out there somewhere...I just haven't found you yet.

I often find myself day dreaming about the life we are going to have one day together. The house we will paint, the laundry we will do, the dinners we will accidentally burn because we got into an epic game of Uno in the living room, the big dog that will inevitably ruin our romantic "one on one" time, the deep discussions we will have about God and how His grace amazes us more and more everyday, the way we will pray together, the awesome kids we will raise together, and the silly inside jokes we will have about each other. Whoops...there I go daydreaming again. Being patient is hard work, ya know. Especially when all of my friends are getting engaged and married and I am still waiting...patiently...and staying faithful to the Lord because I KNOW He was still working on me to be the perfect wife for you. BTW, I make killer chicken and dumplings. If that doesn't seal the envelope, i don't know what will!

Thankfully, God is continually blessing me with STRONG Christian friends to occupy my time. I know the Lord is using them to help mold me and shape me to be more like Christ and the Proverbs 31 woman that I continually strive to be. I hope God is using you in a mighty way to shine your light for His glory always! That is, after all, what our relationship will be constantly centered around. I pray that God holds onto your heart and that you NEVER settle and ALWAYS look to your glorious Father for direction in life. He will point you to me sooner or later :) Stay strong! See you soon <3

Love:

Shannon Leigh Harris 


0 comments: